We are pleased to invite all who are interested and committed to enhancing their capacities of peace building to effectively respond to current and emerging challenges as well as deepening their understanding on conflict transformation and who are devoted to including conflict-sensitive approaches in their work program, to join other professionals, academics, faith communities, public servants, state and non-state actors at this experiential and thought provoking exercise where unusual learning, sharing and networking on issues around peace and conflict are guaranteed. The forum is slated for June 21-25, 2022 at the Sunlodge Hotel, Accra, Ghana.
Knowledge Development Objectives
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Trace and explain some of the causes of conflict such as power, identity, culture, and resources among others.
- Identify various types of tools commonly used in conflict analysis.
- Explain the importance of using gender and youth lenses in peacebuilding and conflict resolution
- learn conflict transformation and peace building skills
- Identify and explore theological foundations of peace building and conflicts resolution
- Expand their knowledge and understanding of conflicts in Africa
- Learn and understand dilemmas and challenges that encounter post-conflict reconstruction processes
Why the Forum
Peace building and conflict management capacity has become a trend and considered a mechanism to help in rebuilding and stabilizing post-conflict societies around the world. Conflicts, certainly exert very high political, economic and social costs with their attendant impacts on national cohesion, tolerance and stability. Consequently, they hamper the country’s growth and development as well as polarizing citizens along ethnic, religious and political lines as the case in Nigeria. It has therefore been recognized that capacity building through humanitarian interventions and trainings are frontline actions to prevent reoccurrence of conflict and for sustainable peace.
The Forum on Peace Building and Conflict Management is open to any and all gender, religion, race and beliefs as our diversity in perspective is what helps broaden our knowledge, understanding and actions on the subject at hand.
All delegates are expected to make independent arrangement for accommodation; Airport pick up and local transportation for this workshop. We are however available to assist delegates who may be unable to do so, within ample notice.
For further enquiries, please contact +2348037478294, +2348119740015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org