About 26 companies across Africa cutting across banks, telecommunication, oil and gas companies and others have been nominated for the conferment of Business Integrity Awards at the premier edition of the Africa Business Integrity Awards billed for November 16, 2018 in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirate.
Also to be honoured during the award event are government organizations that have shown tireless commitment at upholding integrity and confidence in the Africa’s business environment.
Africa Business Integrity Awards is the initiative of the Mandela Legacy Centre for Leadership and Development. A prestigious recognition aimed at celebrating integrity and upholding confidence in the African business environment. Through this medium, the Centre recognizes and honours top businesses and CEOs who demonstrate best practices in leadership character and high standards of organizational ethics that benefits their customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders, and communities and who by dint of hard work, business savvy and outstanding managerial skills are building business empires, strong brands and making Africa proud on the global stage.
The Awards organized under the partnership and support of both renowned local and international bodies, embodies the mission of advancing trust in the marketplace, while laying a critical foundation for ethical environment where buyers and sellers can trust each other in the true spirit of Africa. It rewards integrity and outstanding achievement especially in the private sector and further provides a powerful networking opportunity for African businesses to link with other business leaders across the world on the merit of integrity and achievement. The recognition is, a third party endorsement from an Institution of such repute and regarded as one of the highest seal of confidence, which is beneficial for corporate image.
African Business Integrity Awards is driven by the vision to:
- Create a community of trustworthy businesses
- Set standards for marketplace trust
- Encourage and support best practices
- Celebrate marketplace role models, and;
- Denounce substandard marketplace behaviour
Africa Business Integrity Awards is open to all for-profit African businesses and non indigenous companies doing businesses in Africa. Candidates for the Africa Business Integrity Awards are evaluated by an independent selection committee on each of the following criteria:
- High ethical standards of behaviour towards customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, and communities in which they do business.
- A history and reputation of ethical practices in the marketplace, including acknowledgement by their peers.
- Marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which reflect a true presentation of what is being offered in the marketplace.
- Communicate to and train employees in carrying out ethical principles.
- Have been actively in business for at least four years.
- Show no evidence of failure to meet financial obligations.